Project Kid-- 100 Ingenious Crafts for Family Fun

 A couple weeks ago I was contacted to see if I'd like to review the book Project Kid by Amanda Kingloff.  The book looked so charming and I was excited to check it out.




When the book arrived we immediately stopped everything we were doing and sat down to pour over each page and make plans to create things together.


Once we were done discussing each page, the kids looked through each page again, proclaiming all the fun things they wanted to make.  


The projects are all simple, kid friendly, and mostly made with recyclables or everyday crafts you often have on hand.


She includes step-by-step directions and lots of beautiful, colorful pictures.


My son is especially fond of this robot bank and has been begging me to make it with him.


The other day I was looking through this book, when I was struck with inspiration for my little preschool class coming up.  Our lesson topic was the city where we live.  When I saw this darling art lesson on mosaics, I quickly thought up a plan to make our state into a mosaic.


First I drew an outline of our state.


Then I added glue and torn crepe paper.


It made for a lovely Mosaic.  The bead represents where we live.


This project was simple enough for the kids to grasp, and they loved tearing and placing their torn papers.



 Everyone stayed engaged and the results were so darling.




Here's how my 5 year old's (left) and 3 year old's (right) State Mosaics turned out.  They were so great!


This book is really fantastic.  I love the simple crafts, made with easy material, that the kids want to do.  
For sure we'll be crafting from this book again soon.

You can pick up the book from Amazon here or from their website here.

** This book was generously gifted to me, but all opinions are my own.**

Comments

Emily Thompson said…
that looks like a great book. My boys would LOVE that robot bank!! WIll have to put it on the todo list ;o)

Popular Posts